Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Christmas Knitting...FINALLY.


I am woefully behind on posting things related to projects, and I promise I have been working on many yarny things, but blogging, as you know, is not my forte.

So let's rewind back to Christmas, shall we?

For Mim I spun up some lovely purple sparkly yarn, knitted some mittens, and crocheted a scarf.


Singles on the bobbin:


All of it caked up (this had been, so far, the biggest batch I'd ever spun. Something like six ounces...which seems inconsequential now that I've spun a full 16 ounce batch...but that's a whole other blog post):


Mitten #1:


Mitten #1 again, but in a cooler pose:


And, mittens! I know they look wonky; it's because I hadn't washed and blocked them at this point.


And since I was down to the wire on time, I crocheted the scarf instead of knitting it to match (I crochet much more quickly than I knit).


Mim says she loves them, though I haven't seen her wear them. Then again, I hardly ever get to see her anymore, and now the weather is warmer and she won't be needing them again until next winter anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment