Saturday, May 4, 2013

I Learned Entrelac! And It Was Easy!

I've been meaning to make this sweater forever, and from the moment the pattern came out it was meant for Mim.

I sent Mim a picture of the yarn I was thinking of using. The dark grey would be for the main color, and either the rainbow or the blueandpinkypurple would be for the front entrelac panel.


She chose the rainbow, so I looked up a tutorial on how to do entrelac and started:


In progress:


And now the front panel is finished!


I did start on the body of the sweater. It's knit top-down, and I got to the waist shaping below the underarms when I lost steam, so there's not much progress there. Here's a picture I took just after dividing for the arms:


When I started the sweater I told Mim it would probably be two years before she got it, and I think I was right. I have so many projects going, and including this one, none of them have been appealing to me lately (except spinning), so nothing is getting done. But who cares, right? It's my hobby, and I'm not knitting to a deadline, so I should enjoy what I'm making and live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment