Thursday, September 4, 2014

This Is Actually A Big Deal

It seems as if everything has changed in the last year. And now I'm about to make another huge change.

I've been with my company for six years. It's been a wild ride. I've gained invaluable experience and met some great people and formed some friendships that I think will last a lifetime.

But it's time to move on.

I don't want to be too specific, because getting fired from my new job for being too descriptive on the blog would be absolutely awful. But let me just say this: tomorrow is my last day here. Monday I start somewhere new. And I'm terrified.

You all know me. I'm a worrier. A lot of the things I worry about are stupid and inconsequential, but there are other things that are real. Really real.

Things I'm worried about:

1. What if they don't like me? (I've never not gotten along with someone at work. I shouldn't worry.)
2. What if the work is too hard? (I'm competent, educated, and hard-working. I shouldn't worry.)
3. What if there's too much stress? (Every time something stressful has happened to me, I've risen to the occasion. See blog entries for the last six years as evidence. I shouldn't worry.)
4. Okay, that's really it.

So I guess I'm not worrying as badly as I usually do. Actually, I feel pretty peaceful about my decision. Don't get me wrong; this is a BIG FRIGGIN DEAL. But I can handle it. I'm a strong one.

No comments:

Post a Comment