Sunday, June 1, 2014

I Finally Finished A Project!

So while I try to decide what to do with this blog, I might as well show off a few things I've finished lately. I have my knitting mojo back. In fact, it's flourishing, because let me show you the prettiest thing I've ever made:



Remember when I started the lace wedding shawl for my dear friend?

Here's a close-up of the tip:


And here it is spread out on my couch:


So basically I had been knitting it, and it turns out that I hate knitting lace so effing badly that even though I was about 2/3 of the way through it, I didn't have the willpower to plow through it and finish. So I ripped it out. It hurt. I had put probably 50 or 60 hours into that thing, but I detested it so much that it just had to go.

So I thought about it, and decided that I love crocheting more than knitting, and I crochet wicked fast, and wouldn't it be fun to design something all by myself, and look what happened.

It's soft, and warm, and snuggly, and when my friend got it in the mail she gushed about how wonderful it was and I felt so good about myself right about then!

I've known this friend since high school. She was (and still is) one of the most amazing people I've ever met and I feel so lucky to have her in my life still, even after all this time. She's one of those friends with whom you can go a very, very long time without getting a chance to talk, but when you do get a chance to make a call you talk for hours about everything and it's like you never stopped talking at all. I love her so much. She's always been there for me. I wanted to make her something beautiful, and unique, and that she could treasure for the rest of her life and pass down to her kids someday.

I feel so accomplished. And now that I've finished it, I decided I want one of my own, so I ordered yarn to make another one. And this time, when I make it, I'll write down the pattern that is still just in my mind and I'll try to either sell it on Ravelry or else see if I can get it published in a book, because DAMN it turned out so well. And now I've got the designing bug, and I just want to create more lacy things because I'm a total badass like that.

1 comment:

  1. I freaking love Shelby. And this shawl ROCKS.

    ReplyDelete