Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Thank You! Scarf

Recently a dear friend finished knitting a pair of socks and was displeased with them...something about having to redo one of the legs and then the stripes didn't match. Anyway, since such things don't bother me at all, she gave them to me! They fit perfectly and they're pink and stripey and I love them so much!

As a Thank You!, I made her a scarf. First I spun the yarn:



100% BFL (Blue-Faced Leichester, a breed of sheep), 4 ounces.

Then I knitted the scarf out of it:



It's the scarf pattern the Yarn Harlot invented, the One Row Handspun Scarf. Usually I crochet scarves instead of knitting them because they work up a lot faster, but this time I decided to be adventurous and knit it, and, surprisingly, it only took two days. Granted, they were weekend days where all I did was sit around and knit, but still, two days is super fast for me!

Anyway, she LOVED it! She's been wearing it every time I've seen her since I gave it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment