Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back Door!

Having a new deck does you very little good if there isn't a door leading onto it. So, where the larger window in the kitchen was, we decided to put a new sliding door.

Here's the old window:


Scott is glaring at me...

At some point we decided that since we were going to rip that wall out anyway we should make Buster a doggy door:


He had a really hard time with the concept, but after lots of coaxing he finally understood and had a blast running in and out and in and out!

So here's the giant hole, before we managed to get the door in:


And after we put in the door, it looks so good from the outside, even though it's not finished until the siding is back on:


And we can't finish the wall until the inspector comes in to look at the deck and the framing around the door, so the inside still looks unfinished as well:


But I LOVE the door, and it makes the whole front room/kitchen look so much bigger and brighter, and this is just so exciting for me! I love getting things done and being able to see the progress and getting another step closer to having a beautiful house (that we will later sell for mucho moola)!

6 comments:

  1. again, i bow to your superior skills at doing things with your hands. based on how accident-prone i am, i shudder to think at the tears and tragedy i would cause if i tried something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have to admit that most of the time that I say "we" I actually mean Scott is doing the work and I am being the cheerleader! I am so klutzy, I would be afraid of doing most of this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a bad name for this post ... eeewwwww. That's gross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't gross until you came along...jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!!! It'll be nice to have all that sunlight come in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really opens up the room and lets more light in than I thought it would, so I am very pleased with the result!

    ReplyDelete