Tuesday, October 13, 2009

They're Cutting Me Open!

I finished the front piece of the new blue sweater. It is looking so good! There is one little mistake, and it's front and center, so I'm thinking about buying a cute button to go over it or something. I also started a sleeve and got about 8" done. Not bad.

BUT, to get there, I had to knit a row (or sometimes even just half a row) and then wait a few minutes for my wrist to calm down...and again...and this sweater is going to take ten years at this rate.

I had called my doc on Friday but he was out of town for a conference, so I left a message, and they were super awesome and called me back first thing Monday morning, and they were able to see me at 3:15. Usually this is super awesome but Monday we had 32 samples, which is basically a double workload, so I was totally thinking I would have to make my boss finish for me, but lo and behold I am invincible super chemist and I finished it all in 6.5 hours. A NEW WORLD RECORD. And to celebrate I went home and ate salad.

Anyway, I went in to the doc and it has been about 8 or 9 weeks since the cortisone shot and that wasn't very long as far as these things go so I made it very clear that I REFUSE to get a cortisone shot every 3 months for the rest of forever just so I can function on a daily basis. They agreed (thank goodness, they would have had to club me over the head to get another one of those shots in me) and so we scheduled the surgery for November 3. I will have to stay home for a week and wear a splint for 10 days or so and I will have stitches (you will totally get to see them) and then I will have a super badass scar (ok, not really, the doc said it would probably blend in with the lines on my hand).

I am so happy to get this over and done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment